Saturday, April 30, 2022

A very long needed update: I AM ALIVE

Hi! My IRL name is Ines and I am a 46-year-old new grandmother. The last year has been tough and I find myself in a dilemma that I never thought possible. Between the hubby and myself, we have kept a roof over the kid's heads and food in the house. I have a number of ailments including fibromyalgia, degenerative disease, diabetes, and CML leukemia.


Over the last year, our household was hit with covid. It was covid-a terrible illness with the addition of a staph infection for which I lost a toe. I was hospitalized for over a month. A few weeks later I lost another toe-and-a-half due to the staph infection. Then, within a couple of months, I was back in the hospital with MRSA (an antibiotic-resistant infection) only this time, the infection had to be treated with IV antibiotics even after I left the hospital for several weeks. My INSURANCE company decided to end this treatment early.

I was then readmitted to the hospital because of the MRSA infection and was told that if I did not have an amputation of my right lower leg and foot that my life was in jeopardy and would be severely shortened. My family and I made the decision to have this done with the hope that this infection would be gotten rid of once and for all.

I have been home for about 5 months now, and the good news is that my leg is healing well and I am now using a prosthetic. I hope to give you all updates we shall see. 


- Blessed be.

Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment